Saturday, September 17, 2022

Milestones

 

























21 years in the ED as of last Monday. (Yep, my first day in the ED was the morning of 9/11/01; the planes were crashing into the WTC as I was driving to work.)

27 years as an RN next week.

If you really don't love the job, no amount of money is worth it.

For some people, a year is too long. For others, after 40 years, they're just getting into the groove.

Find something you love to do.

I swore as a student I'd never be one of the bitter old burnouts I met who hate everyone, and suck at the job. But remember, some people need compassion manifested as tough love, not as fluffy bunnies.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Buncha crap I disagree with you about, but like I said, that's just stuff. You make a significant improvement in peoples quality/length of life. The world needs more like you. Tree Mike

    ReplyDelete